INVISALIGN IN PITTSBURGH
Invisalign is the comfortable, discreet way to straighten your teeth without traditional metal braces. Dr. Pounds offers this procedure to teens and adults at our downtown Pittsburgh dental office.
What is Invisalign?
The Invisalign clear braces system uses a series of customized, removable plastic aligners to gently guide your teeth into the correct placement over a period of 9-15 months. Each set of aligners shifts your teeth a tiny amount, so gradually that you don’t even feel it. No metal is cemented in your mouth, and there are no wires to tighten.
The Invisalign Process
The Invisalign system is fully customizable for each patient, and requires participation on the part of the patient for best results. There are six basic steps to the Invisalign process:
- A consultation with Dr. Pounds will determine if you are a good candidate for Invisalign.
- Impressions will be made of your teeth to determine their current placement, and a 3-D imaging system will be used to project the desired placement of your teeth.
- Your aligner series will be created by the Invisalign laboratory under the direction of Dr. Pounds.
- You will wear the aligners for approximately 2 weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
- Every 2-3 weeks, you will replace the aligners with the next set in the series.
- Every 6 weeks, you will visit our office to allow Dr. Pounds check on your progress.
With Invisalign, you can have the smile you always dreamed of, usually in less time and with less discomfort that is expected from traditional braces. Dr. Pounds offers Invisalign to both teens and adults! Call our office for an appointment.Request an Appointment
The more hours per day you wear your aligners, the more quickly your teeth will move towards their final desired alignment. Total treatment time is generally between 9-15 months, and a complete series of aligners usually include between 8-30 sets.
Invisalign has no metal, no wires, and is almost completely invisible when worn correctly. You can have the smile you always dreamed of, usually in less time and with less discomfort that is expected from traditional braces.
If you think Invisalign sounds like a good option for you, call our offices and request an appointment for a consultation.